Click here for PDF version of contract
Horse Transport Agreement
Date of Agreement:
Owner of Horse: (“Owner”)
Home Phone: Work Phone:
Cell Phone: Email:
Owner hires Pumula Horse Carriers LLC (“Pumula”) to provide the services set forth in this Agreement.
1. This Agreement pertains to the following horse:
Horse Name: Sex: Age:
Color: Breed: Reg #:
Other items to be transported:
2. Transport details:
Commencing on or about at
Arrival on or about at
3. Fee. Owner will pay Pumula $ CASH ONLY UPON DELIVERY PRIOR TO UNLOADING – NO CHECKS. Pumula will be entitled to all statutory and other liens for the value of the services rendered and shall be entitled to enforce said lien in accordance with appropriate laws.
4. Insurance. (Owner MUST initial only one of the following two blanks.)
____ Owner represents that Owner maintains current adequate horse mortality and other insurance covering damage, injury, illness, disease, casualty or death to the horse.
____ Owner represents that Owner elects not to carry horse mortality and other insurance, and therefore, OWNER assumes ALL risk of damage, injury, illness, disease, casualty or death to the horse.
5. Items Required. Owner agrees to provide to Pumula prior to loading at its sole cost:
a. Health Certificate (if required)
b. Negative Coggins (EIA) Test
c. Halter and Lead Rope
d. One (1) bale of hay per horse (supplied at pick up).
6. Cancellation. Owner understands that Owner has reserved trailer space with Pumula and that Pumula has refused other horse transportation opportunities. Accordingly, Owner agrees to pay a cancellation fee of fifty percent (50%) of the total expected transport fees if Owner fails to perform any required obligation, or if Owner attempts to cancel this Agreement within twenty four (24) hours prior to stated departure. Pumula reserves the right to cancel this Agreement at any time prior to departure due to hazardous weather, mechanical difficulties, or other unfavorable circumstances as determined by Pumula in its sole discretion.
7. Transport Details.
a. Pumula agrees to use reasonable diligence to safely transport and care for the horse in a good animal husbandry-like manner.
b. Owner agrees and warrants to provide the horse to Pumula in a physical and mental condition suitable for transport. Pumula shall have absolutely no role in the administration of tranquilizers or other medicine. If Owner or Owner’s agent chooses to administer tranquilizers or other medicine, Owner assumes all risks of damage, injury, illness, disease or death which may result as a result of such tranquilizers or other medicine, even if Owner or Owner’s agent informs Pumula of such administration. Owner acknowledges that Owner and Owner’s agent are aware that there are inherent danger in administering tranquilizers and other medicine to a horse prior to or during transport.
c. In the event that the Pumula determines that the horse is in need of veterinarian, medical, or other assistance, as determined by Pumula in its sole discretion, Pumula will make reasonable efforts to notify Owner, and Owner hereby authorizes Pumula (and appoints Pumula as Owner’s agent and attorney-in-fact) to undertake the services of a veterinarian deemed appropriate by Pumula in its sole discretion, and Owner agrees to be responsible for (and indemnify Pumula against) all incurred fees, drugs, supplies and other associated expenses.
8. Force Majeure. If Pumula is prevented from timely performing any obligation under this Agreement as a result of any governmental action, law, proclamation, regulation, ordinance, war, civil disturbance, riot, lockout, sabotage, embargo, national emergency, natural disaster, acts of God, inability to obtain fuel or supplies, fuel shortage, power failure, or any other condition beyond Pumula’s reasonable control, then Pumula shall be excused from performing such obligation for so long as such condition persists and Pumula shall not be responsible for any damages as the result thereof.
9. Release and Limitation of Liability. Owner releases and discharges Pumula and its employees, officers, and agents from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, law suits, or actions, which are related to or are in any way connected with the transport, feeding, care, or medical care of the horse or any related services provided under this Agreement, and accordingly, OWNER ASSUMES ALL riskS of damage, injury, illness, disease, casualty or death to the horse. IN NO EVENT SHALL PUMULA BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, EVEN IF PUMULA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Virginia. This Agreement reflects the final and entire understanding of the parties related to the transport of the horse, and there are no restrictions, representations, warranties or promises relating to Pumula’s and Owner’s respective duties and obligations other than as expressly set forth in this Agreement, and this Agreement supersedes all prior discussions and understandings between the parties. In the event that Owner breaches any provision of this Agreement, Owner agrees to pay Pumula’s fees and costs, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or otherwise connected with such breach.
Witness the following signatures:*
Owner: Pumula Horse Carriers, LLC
*Please sign and fax to Pumula at 540-301-0203 within 48 hours or this Agreement is void.